Here are five quick projects you can do this spring to improve the curb appeal of your home.
Here are five quick projects you can do to improve the curb appeal of your home, ultimately netting you the most money possible when it comes time to sell:
1. Power wash. Houses get dirty over time, and you’ll sometimes even find a green film of mold, mildew, or algae growing on the north side of your property. With a power washer, some soap, and a little elbow grease, you can wash that right away and give your house a nice, clean, maintained look.
2. Repaint your door. By doing this, you can get rid of all the scuffs, nicks, and dings on your door. Using a new color can help give your house a fresh look.
3. Edge your lawn. Highlight the separation of your grass and the concrete to make your lawn look crisp and well-kempt. This is especially easy to do this time of year because the grass isn’t full yet. A well-manicured lawn is great for curb appeal.
4. Add flowers and plants. Planting some colorful flowers and plants will give your property a splash of color. If, like me, you don’t have a green thumb, you can use colored pots to grow some low-maintenance plants in so you don’t have to worry about too much maintenance over the summer.
5. Replace or repaint your house numbers. This is especially important if you’re thinking of listing your home or if you tend to have lots of guests. It’s amazing how many homes aren’t clearly marked with a house number; if you don’t have one that’s clear, this is an opportunity to find some cool and unique ways to put your house number up.
If you’d like any more ideas about how you can improve the curb appeal of your house, or if you want more information about how to prepare your home for sale, feel free to reach out to us. We’d be glad to help and advise you.